WLSC’s Nippers Program aims to provide a safe and friendly environment where both nippers and parents can learn and enhance their knowledge about surf lifesaving and water safety. The program intends to prepare our nippers to eventually become patrolling members at our club as well as great community members.
Our Nippers program is open to all children aged 5 to 13 years of age (on 30th September of 2022).
The main aims of the nipper’s program are to:
- Develop surf awareness
- Increase confidence and skills in the beach related activities
- Offer training to those wanting to pursue competition or awards
- Instil and reinforce sun smart philosophies
- Encourage enjoyable and healthy participation
- Progress members towards surf awards for relevant age groups
- Promote a positive non-threatening environment
- Meet new friends
These aims are supported by the inclusion of Surf Education into the program where nippers who complete the age group determined activities will be awarded with a nationally recognised SLSA certificate at the end of the Nipper season.
Session dates for the 2022/2023 season are as follows*:
December: 28th, 30th
January: 2nd, 4th, 6th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 16th & 18th
Nipper sessions run from 9.30am to 11.00am, plus time at the conclusion of the session to pack up.
*Tuesday 27th December 2022 - Uniform Collection Day (No Nippers session).
If you cannot attend this date please contact [email protected] to make an appointment for collection outside of Nipper times or prearrange collection prior to the start of Nippers.